It's just one of those days...

I am in one of those blah moods where I just don't feel like doing anything! I know it is Sunday and totally forgot to do a spotlight! I know tomorrow is Monday, but have not crafted all week! I am heading into work tomorrow to help out with 4 days of Common Core planning. I did sign up for it, my principal is paying and feeding the 12 of us that are coming in, which is nice, but I think the reality has started to sink in:( That school is right.around.the.corner.and.I.don't.like.it!

So I have been working on finishing my Reading is SWEET packet. I added some things to the freebie part and will have it up in my stores soon!

I decided not to do the dog tags and do something a bit different. I ordered my necklaces today! I found colored ones on Etsy that I couldn't pass up! These are all the different colors you can order. Click on the picture to take you to the shop! I got 30 for $18.00. Now, I found 30 silver ones for $9.00...but I really wanted the colored ones:)
I ordered I, L, M, and O

I plan on keeping these necklaces and at the end of the year transferring their beads to some kind of string necklace that they can keep. 

I made pendants to add at the bottom of the necklaces instead of the dog tags! I will write their names on the back! 




I also went to Michaels and got the pony beads.
I bought the big bag for $3.50 thanks to a 50% off coupon. They will be used for each 100 minutes read. The star ones will be used for every 1,000 minutes read or 500. I haven't decided yet. And I forgot one more packet. I want another special bead for completing a monthly reading project. I am working on those projects now! 


Another project I am working on is this...
I like giving my students about 10 options each month for spelling homework. It worked well last year, but I would like to get them done so I don't have to worry about it the whole school year:)


I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! My hubby made some very tasty Hawaiian dish for dinner tonight! I love when he cooks things from his home!  Enjoy your evening!

DON'T forget my giveaway ends tonight! It's not too late to enter:)

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with all of your CC planning! It's starting to sink in with me too that school is right around the corner. Where does the time go?
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! It will be me and another 3rd grade teacher. He had 2 teachers from every grade come in. I will be there 9-3 Monday-Thursday!

      Delete
  2. What did hubby make for dinner? I started feeling the same way about school this morning, because the I need to leave my hubby

    Terri
    thefirstgradeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete